Tuesday 3 July 2007

Caroline, our Quirky Quilter


One Nemo Quilt wrapped around Daughter No. 2

Caroline is the only professional quilter is our group, mad as they come, here is her story of her quilt for Jess.
Thank goodness Nemo is finished!
What a story to tell!
Daughter number 2 asked me if she could have a Nemo Quilt for Christmas. No problem, says I, thinking I could knock up a Lap Quilt in no time. Was I wrong!
No, says Daughter no. 2, I would like to have one that wraps around me! Oh! and don't worry about the material, I will buy it off the Internet so you will not have to pay for it.
Planning ahead, how to use my pattern knowledge, thinks me, easy: - stars, squares, oblongs, no problem.
Material came, oh brother! all that rotary cutting, it took me two weeks before I could even start making the blocks. All blocks done and top pieced took me another 4 weeks, long gone past Christmas I may add.
Trying to iron the 'Darn Thing' with my Jack Russell puppy and my kitten Mr. Tibbs wrapping themselves in it and Moo Cow (puppy) sitting on the bottom of it thinking ' Oh, wot fun!' My temper was not too good...
Then came the sandwich:- Wadding and Backing (I love to pin on the ironing board).
1) Run out of safety pins. 2) Moo Cow sitting on the end of the quilt, dragging it off the ironing board. 3) Mr. Tibbs thinking it is a climbing frame!
FINISHED:- MAY 2007, One delighted customer, 1 Moo Cow in picture, One label on the back.
THANK GOODNESS NEMO IS FINISHED

No comments: