Saturday 23 February 2008

Quilts and Bears

Here are three of my little quilts, this one is called Candy Baskets, and inspired by the book called 'Celebrate with Little Quilts' published by That Patchwork Place.





The smallest of the three quilts is this little fan quilt, about 24" x 36"



I think this pattern is Roman Stripe, easy strip piecing, in Amish colours, the biggest of the three.
The border is not visible in the picture because I fixed it up with drawing pins to take the photo.



Because we have written to our grand-daughter every week since she was small we have lots of photos that we have turned into cards, things that she would recognise and enjoy. Here is Topsy with Alex - both bears were made by Marilyn Haupt.




Bruno with Tilly, both hand knitted by me. Tilly has her own clothes on in this picture. Bruno is still absent-without-leave.




Alex always has been a bit of a poser, almost always in his dressing gown, he was my Christmas present to my husband a few years ago. Two of my larger quilts can be seen behind him.











1 comment:

Claire said...

YAY! Quilts! And very lovely they are :)