Tuesday 7 October 2008

More Spider Rhymes

Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness! This is the song I told Angela about, which I used to sing with my seven year olds when we were doing a topic on Mini-Beasts in my teaching hay-days. I love her photograhs of the orb webs ( go to her food website for another) and just recently my garden was bejewelled with them after the early morning autumnal mists. My little grandson looked carefuly at them and I showed him the fat Garden spiders too.
Try Again
from 'Tinder-box' published by A & C Black
Have you seen the little spider in the corner?
She will spin and she will weave and she will fall;
The thread is thin and breaks , but however long it takes,
She will hang her shiny web upon the wall.
So I'll imitate the spider in the corner,
If at first I don't succeed I'll try again.
Though the way is very long, I will say, when things go wrong,
If I try I'm bound to get there in the end.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Thank you for this delightful little rhyme, Imogen, and for our delicious (and this time productive) 'bloggers' lunch'