Thursday 12 March 2009

Clever Girl



I was doing a bit of half-hearted tidying up a couple of days ago and came across a scrapbook of photos of past projects.

This one of a rather reluctant Sharon was taken by me in 1994, because she had just finished knitting this doll for her young son, who desperately wanted one. They were all the rage at the time and I think there were several different characters.

But what was truly amazing was that Sharon had never knitted before, and still says she can't knit. All for love, says Sharon, her child wanted one and that was the only way of getting it for him.

Below are a couple of cupcake pins, which I am lucky enough to have, one for me and one for my granddaughter, also made by Sharon. Utterly delicious. If you want one for yourself she has a contact e-mail address on her embryonic web site www.faeriegodmothers.co.uk







2 comments:

sharon said...

It's hard to believe that "my young
son" turned 21 in December! Thank you Angela.

Imogen said...

I knew I was looking at something very familiar when the photo appeared and then the hand! Unmistakably Sharon!! How the years run on but I remember that gorgeous little boy very well and he is STILL GORGEOUS like his mother.