Tuesday 22 April 2008

Guide to a Grumpy Quilter

This is Caroline's Post


For the last 2 weeks I have been tearing my hair out! The weather has been terrible and has put me in Dark Cloud Mood!
I have been trying to finish off my Basket Quilt, joining together the blocks with Chevron patchwork. That done, next I hope I have enough one and a half inch strips to join into blocks.
Oh Heck! Why is it you never have enough? Ah, I've found some left over from another project.
Now then, just need to turn everything out for 'joining it all together' material.
Oh Cripes, what a mess I've made!


Before
Just said no to Jane for a look around Midsummer Quilters. I'm flat broke and my yearning for new material beckons. I must be strong! groan.....

I've just found half a metre of material I was going to throw out, I knew it would come in handy! Move cat off cutting mat to use rotary cutting board or wait until he goes out to annoy the female cats of the neighbourhood.

I phoned Trish to see if she had my yo-yo maker, nope, no joy there, turned everything out again, with the most foul language! Ah, found it!


After

I am so looking forward to Malvern as I have not been for four years, and that is an achievement for me. I won't feel guilty about spending loads of money, husband No 2 is going to Glastonbury for 3 days!!

Funny, I seem to turn out really good work when I am miserable. I suppose it's because I put all my ideas into my work and that seems to help me focus.




Norman Wisdom, eat your heart out!


No comments: